Get out of your chair and into the Idaho wilderness. Grab a paddle, a mat, an open mind and let’s raft down the Middle Fork and Main Salmon rivers in search of the wildest yoga classrooms on the planet.
To make a deposit contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or click your trip choice to pay in full now.
Only a few permits remain to secure your spot on this adventure of a lifetime!
Join us for the entire 12 days, this August 6th-17th, or one of the half trips.
Here's What We'll Experience:
Daily yoga over looking the most beautiful parts of the Salmon River.
200 miles of the wildest rivers in North America. Get ready for some adventure.
- Practicing select yoga sequences with variations
- Moving with breath
- Exploring yogic thinking beyond the mat
- Self-observation through meditation
- Learning from nature
- Cultivating mindfulness
HIKING & HOT SPRINGS
- Natural hot springs on the bank of the middle fork
- Abandoned miner’s cabins, waterfalls and wildlife
- Hikes to pictographs sites, historic abandoned homesteads, waterfalls and spectacular scenic overviews.
KAYAKING & RAFTING
- Guided by (6) Canyons River Company guides
- Approximately 15 miles per day
- Class III-IV
- Choice of oar rigged, paddle raft and inflatable kayaks
- Hard shell kayaks and canoes for experienced paddlers only
- Limited space available to only 22 guests
- Establish group connections using a private Facebook group to share ideas, advice, photos and events pre and post trip.
- The trip goes on…
What to Expect
A balanced, grounded lifestyle doesn’t just happen. It takes a vision and a dedicated practice. Use this expedition to create a practice that will bring you balance and health.
Here’s the bottom line:
- All instructions — including a Wilderness Yoga workbook
- Rafting/kayak equipment and guides
- Dry bags and yes…camp chairs!
- Gourmet meals and beverages (including beer and wine)
What's Not Included
2017 Salmon River Testimonials
This was the most amazing adventure I’ve ever done! It was life changing to say the least!! From the amazing staff at Canyons to the wonderful people who hosted the Yoga Expedition I couldn’t have asked for anything more! Met some amazing people and created some life long freindships. Highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to experience the best that nature has to offer. I’m already recruiting people for this adventure in the near future.
“If you are tired of everyday life and feel like you need to get away, meet great people, breathe clean air, take in nature, then this is the adventure you need. You will come away a new person, this trip changes you and for the better. Sleeping under the stars at night, no noise, eagles flying thru camp, the sound of water…… It was a dream come true!”
Thank you so much. It was the most amazing experience of my life so far. I loved the crew, all the people, the food and especially the ducky’s! I told my mom that I was scared to start middle school but that if I could do 200 miles in a ducky on the Salmon River…then I’ve got this. Thanks for the confidence boost!
“The experience of living and rafting in the wild, the camaraderie of our river mates, the care/feeding/education/counsel from our guides – the exploration of self along the beautifully wild and raging Salmon River – a wonderful life-altering trip. So happy I made the leap and DID IT!”